KDevelop 5

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Tue Jun 28 15:36:04 UTC 2016

Hey,

On 06/28/2016 05:32 PM, Milian Wolff wrote:
> See https://phabricator.kde.org/D1100#20877
>
> If you think all of this is resolved, I'll try to test this out tomorrow
> again.

Not claiming all is good, just updating the status:

> a ) inline the solution page with the problem page, but keep a "jump
to solutions" link as first link

-> done by kevin, they are inlined now

> b) keep compatibility with the old behavior, i.e. have "alt + 1"
automatically apply the first solution and so forth

-> done by kevin

> c) potentially strip very long problem descriptions and show a "show
more" link. only do this if this really is an issue

-> not done, but detail work imo ;)

> d) the problem tooltips should be embedded into the context browser
toolview when that is shown

-> never tried, but also not a blocker I guess

> Unrelated to this, kfunk also suggested to add a "Hint: you can press
ALT to show this dialog" to tooltips invoked by the mouse.

-> done

> We also have to fix the static assistants in some way, most notably
the rename assistant is broken now.

-> I implemented this, kind of. The drawback is that it currently only
updates when the duchain updates, because the whole architecture doesn't
plan adding problems to a "finished" top-context :(
Certinly work to do here! but the groundwork is there.

> Another issue I see are parse errors such as missing ";", where the
error is reported a few lines below the line you are currently writing
(and forgot to add the ";").

-> Kevin and me worked around this quite acceptably, I think, the popup
looks for problems a few lines around the cursor position according to
some heuristics.

Best,
Sven