Debug view receives verbose GDB messages

Jeremy Murphy jeremy.william.murphy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 06:02:42 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm loving KDevelop 5.0 alpha/beta/gamma whatever it is up to.  :)

Except recently, it started sending verbose GDB output to the Debug view
(along with the actual program output that I would expect) like so:

(gdb) 1-gdb-show version
GNU gdb (Gentoo 7.11.1 vanilla) 7.11.1
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".
<https://bugs.gentoo.org/>.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
1^done
(gdb) 2-gdb-set width 0
2^done

---8<--- ~200 lines of output ---8<---

(gdb) 129-var-create --thread 1 --frame 0 var113 @ "typename"
129^error,msg="-var-create: unable to create variable object"
(gdb) 130-var-create --thread 1 --frame 0 var114 @ "back_inserter"
130^error,msg="-var-create: unable to create variable object"

It sends the messages when I run debug, obviously, but also when I mouse
over variables as the last couple of lines are an example of.

I'm using the latest releases of just about everything, which at the moment
is GDB 7.11.1, Qt 5.6.1, Frameworks 5.24.0, Plasma 5.7.2, and tip of the
5.0 branch for KDevelop and KDevPlatform.

Is this a known issue or am I the lucky discoverer? I can't recall exactly
when I first noticed it, sorry, but it must have been recently.

Thanks, cheers.

Jeremy