Help needed for my work on LLDB plugin

Aetf 7437103 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:34:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm working on the LLDB plugin for KDevelop, and have found a issue that
currently I can't come up with a clean fix. Could you please help me find a
good solution?

LLDB plugin brings LLDB as an alternative debugger backend for c/c++
programs, and provides similar functionalities as the GDB plugin. Right
now, both plugins come with their own set of tool views for similar
purposes: debugger console, disassembly/register and memory view (the
latter two aren't working yet, but the problem is the same).

Thus during a debug session, the user can see tool views from both plugins,
i.e. two debugger consoles. This can be confusing because other tool views
(frame stack, break point, variables) from kdevplatform are shared.

I have a rough idea about deferring tool views adding until debug session
creation, and unload them when the session ends. But I'm not sure if this
works or is there any caveats doing so due to my limited knowledge about
the UI part.

Thanks,
Peifeng Yu