Failing to build libkomparediff2, kdevplatform, kdevelop

Mehak Goyal mehak.goyal at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:18:52 UTC 2016

Hi! I tried building kdevelop using kdesrc-build. I followed the standard methods given https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source.

When I finally run the cmd: $https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source
Many build errors turned up because of Cmake. I resolved many of them. However, I am stuck at these three errors.

I fail to build:
libkomparediff2
kdevplatform
kdevelop

The cmake log files show following errors for each.
kdevplatform
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:42 (find_package):
  Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5" that is compatible
  with requested version "5.4.0".

  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake, version: 5.2.1

libkomparediff2
CMake Warning at /usr/local/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:74 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KF5XmlGui" with
  any of the following names:

    KF5XmlGuiConfig.cmake
    kf5xmlgui-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "KF5XmlGui" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "KF5XmlGui_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "KF5XmlGui" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.

kdevelop
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package):
  Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5" that is compatible
  with requested version "5.4.0".

  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake, version: 5.2.1

Please guide me.