KDevelop 5

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Sun Jul 17 20:23:57 UTC 2016

Hey,

On 07/12/2016 10:27 PM, Kevin Funk wrote:
> I've squashed the commits, we now only have one commit in each
> kdevplatform.git & kdevelop.git introducing the assistantpopup-ng stuff.
I tried to fix the most significant issues since. What is still really
flaky is the adapt signature assistant. It should work now in general,
but it still has issues like adding an extra namespace qualification
where none is allowed and things like that. Then again, in my
experience, this assistant has always been a bit flaky, even in 4.x.

There are a few other broken things, e.g. the "implement function"
helper still doesn't work when the cpp file has a namespace Foo {}
around it.

All this should of course be fixed, but still ... shouldn't we release
5.0 and do that for 5.1? People do not expect a dot-zero version to be
perfect, and as Christoph said in Randaa: If "the adjust signature
assistant sometimes eats a static" is the worst issue people find with
5.0, it's already a very successful release; we will probably have bugs
reported far worse than that within two weeks.

Best,
Sven