Navigation Widgets for 'empty range' Declarations

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sat Jul 2 14:54:02 UTC 2016

Hi KDevelopers,

I was always wondering why navigation-widgets didn't work for half of
the functions and classes in my work project.

Now I found out that this is simply because in clangducontext.cpp,
there are checks for "decl->range().isEmpty()' which simply reject
creating a navigation widget for a declaration which has an empty
range. And this means, that for any declaration that is created
through a macro, this won't create a navigation widget. On macro-heavy
projects, this is deadly.

Now the question: Why are these empty-range checks there in the first place?

I propose simply removing them.

Greetings, David