Cannot find the 'MERGE' option into KDevPlatform VCS support source code.

Carlos Nihelton carlosnsoliveira at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 23:59:42 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'm used to setup git as VCS for my projects and I started to use KDevelop a
few months ago. When I want to merge two different branches in my code base I
always do by hand, because I couldn't find a 'merge' option in KDevelop branch
manager.

Today I decided to dig into KDevPlatform source code to see if I made any
mistake when I compiled KDevelop 4.90.91 and I still couldn't find anything
related to merging branches in the code.

Did I miss anything? Should this 'merge' option exist? Or was it never
considered an option?

I wrote something quickly just to perform basic merging, without further
checks. But I got curious why this is not considered even in vcs/interfaces/
ibranchingversioncontrol.h

If you care, this is my configuration:
Slackware64-current KF5 Plasma5
GCC 5.3 / Clang 3.7 x86_64
KDevelop 4.90.91 (from github master branch)
KDevPlatform 4.90.91 (from github master branch)