about those clang warnings

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Jan 27 15:15:05 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:29:41 PM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday January 27 2016 11:20:13 Kevin Funk wrote:
> >I hope you've built your LLVM/Clang in *Release* mode(?).
>
> Didn't build it myself, but yes. Non release mode with assertions active
> makes it much worse.

Non-static build of the Clang/LLVM executables is another issue. Runtime
relocations have an immense impact on execution time of those tools (esp.
since they're usually short-living processes, invoked numerous times)

You might want to check that as well. Though Clang/LLVM by default is built
statically, you explicitly have to tell it to use shared libraries.

Cheers,
Kevin