Hi! Is that possible to know the sources dir of current project opened in KDevelop?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Jan 24 13:41:59 UTC 2016

On Sonntag, 24. Januar 2016 13:10:51 CET Imran Tatriev wrote:
> Hi, I want to know if this would be possible? What I'm trying to do: I want
> to run static code checker on every cmake project that is being built in
> KDevelop IDE. Currently, I'm able to run it only if I've modified my
> project's CMakeLists. I want to get rid of it and modify KDevelop's
> CMakeLists once.

This sounds like a bad idea. Automatically rewriting CMakeLists.txt to enable
static code checking when using it only with KDevelop sounds like a bad idea.
If people want to have this always enabled, they should explicitly do so by
editing their CMakeLists.txt themselves.

That said, I doubt a static code checker needs to know more than our language
plugins, i.e. include paths and defines. You can query that already using our
project manager API. Thus you could write a separate plugin for whatever code
checker you are interested in and then run the tool automatically from there
without any changes to the CMakeLists.txt. And it would work for other build
toolchains as well.

> P.S. I know how to deploy, but unsure how get the sources dir(of opened
> project in KDevelop, of course).

What has a static code analysis to do with deployment?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de