fonts used in the VCS commit dialog

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:42:40 UTC 2016

On Wednesday January 20 2016 13:23:00 Aleix Pol wrote:

> Yes, it uses monospace:
> http://i.imgur.com/q6Fz21B.png

> >>We don't need to specify which font

NB: I never meant to imply that KDevelop should specify which font to use (but see below).

> >>specifically as the user can configure which fonts to use. At least on
> >>Plasma.

Here's what I see on OS X, when for the rest the fonts configured through the kdeglobals extract in the background are respected. I see something similar if not identical on Linux:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4xCXNli64lIMjBacnRldXNrNTA/view?usp=sharing

However, Qt's qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.1/qtbase/src/gui/text/qtexthtmlparser.cpp has the culprit on line 1929: it hardcodes Courier. I wasn't dreaming :)

Question is: is this a bug, or is there a good reason for using a hardcoded font. Changing the family in that code has the effect you'd expect, but I've only tried it with KDevelop's commit dialog ...

R.