fonts used in the VCS commit dialog

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:43:31 UTC 2016

On Wednesday January 20 2016 11:18:25 Aleix Pol wrote:

>It requires a monospace font.

Why? The commit message editor doesn't use one as far as I know?

>We don't need to specify which font
>specifically as the user can configure which fonts to use. At least on
>Plasma.

If you mean throught the fonts kcm then yes, the user can configure whatever s/he likes, but no, that doesn't appear to be taken into account.
That would make sense if my hunch is correct that a Qt widget is responsible for the font selection.

>On OS X, it should use whatever
>QFontDatabase::systemFont(QFontDatabase::FixedFont) suggests.

I'm seeing the suspect font on OS X and on Linux, in KDevelop4 and KDevelop5.

>For OS X, nowadays, that's kCTFontUserFixedPitchFontType.

Define nowadays please? There *is* a hidden way to configure which fonts are used in OS X applications, but even without that one should never see Courier as the default monospaced font.

R.