fonts used in the VCS commit dialog

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:09:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

Talking about pre- vs. user-configured appearance: I have a very strong impression that the commit message reflected in the VCS commit dialog is rendered using Courier. That's a font that's quite far from anything I have configured; where does this come from?

I've been looking at the KMessageBox::createKMessageBox() code; it doesn't specify any fonts at all, nor does it take any action on the <pre></pre> tags that wrap the commit message when the dialog is created. The only font-related operations concern the QListWidget and QTextBrowser widgets that are potentially used, but I'm not yet certain for what.

Shouldn't that commit message be shown in one of the KDE fonts, probably the same font used to compose it in the first place?

R.