purpose and kaccounts (and qml errors)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 22:19:16 UTC 2016

On Sunday January 10 2016 21:56:33 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick question about the Purpose and KAccounts libraries that KDevPlatform depends on. What are they, frameworks? I see Purpose claims to be version 5.17.0 in its library versioning, apparently "stealing" that info from the installed frameworks?

Either way, with the current git/master installed I'm getting this kind of error

QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/JobDialog.qml:21 module "org.kde.purpose" is not installed

Cannot initialize model with data QJsonObject() . missing: QJsonValue(string, "urls")
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/JobDialog.qml:21 module "org.kde.purpose" is not installed

Cannot initialize model with data QJsonObject() . missing: QJsonValue(string, "urls")
qrc:/qml/area_review.qml:22:1: module "org.kde.plasma.components" is not installed

which got me stymied. I have
  /opt/local/lib/qml/org/kde/purpose/AlternativesView.qml
  /opt/local/lib/qml/org/kde/purpose/PurposeWizard.qml
  /opt/local/lib/qml/org/kde/purpose/RunningJob.qml
  /opt/local/lib/qml/org/kde/purpose/libpurposequickplugin.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/qml/org/kde/purpose/qmldir
  /opt/local/lib/qml/org/kde/purpose/reviewboard/librbpurposequickplugin.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/qml/org/kde/purpose/reviewboard/qmldir
  /opt/local/share/purpose/kdeconnectplugin_config.qml
  /opt/local/share/purpose/reviewboardplugin_config.qml
  /opt/local/share/purpose/saveasplugin_config.qml
  /opt/local/share/purpose/types/ExportPluginType.json

Qt's expecting QML files in /opt/local/share/qt5/qml, so there's an error in the build system somewhere, which I work around by making /opt/local/share/qt5/qml/org a symlink to /opt/local/lib/qml/org

I'm actually not sure any QML-based stuff works, wouldn't know how to test.

R.