[Differential] [Commented On] D772: Turn all clang related static libs into a single shared library.

kfunk (Kevin Funk) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 10 13:26:52 UTC 2016

kfunk added a comment.

Other approaches:

- Mark the *plugin* (kdevclang) as SHARED library and link against the plugin in unit test. But I'm not entirely sure about the implications of this change across our supported platforms.
  - This also forces us to export a lot of symbols in the plugin SO, which we'd only need for unit testing => bad for dynamic loader performance

We'd also need to force CMake into renaming the lib properly on Unix at least (no `lib` prefix, for instance), and choosing the *right* install prefix.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVELOP KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D772