[Differential] [Commented On] D893: Bring "Override Project" dialog back to action.

arrowdodger (Gleb Popov) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 3 08:46:23 UTC 2016

arrowdodger added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS
  shell/openprojectdialog.h:37 Origin of the project file. projectFileUrl() returns a ".kdev", while originUrl() returns, for example, "CMakeLists.txt" from which this project was created.

  I thought origin was right word for this.
  shell/projectcontroller.cpp:340 To let  project managers find out from what file the project was created. For Haskell, for instance, there could be "project.cabal" or "stack.yaml" and they can be located in the same dir. Without this haskell project manager would be unable to figure out how to handle this project - in cabal way, or stack way.

  I get your point regarding relocating the project. I guess, it is fine to store relative filename of the origin.
  shell/projectcontroller.cpp:405 The thing is projectFileUrl always contains a ".kdev". So even if i select "CMakeLists.txt" in the "Open Project" dialog, it picks up existing ".kdev".

  From my POV if user wanted to open existing project, he'd select ".kdev" in first place. But if he deliberately selects build system file it is better to ask him what's on his mind.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL