installing from git and translations from release?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 21:06:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

What's the best way to ship translations with a packaged KDevelop development build (MacPorts' kf5-kdevelop-devel port)? I've created a port for just the translations from the release version (unpacking only the toplevel CMake file, the cmake directory and the po directory, then patching the CMake file to leave only the initial setup and frameworks dependencies plus the final 2 lines).

Doing that, the application built from git does indeed have the "switch application language" menu entry, but setting a (non en_US) langage has no effect. I must be missing something, but what?

Thanks,
René