Status of kdev-ruby?

Miquel Sabaté mikisabate at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:33:31 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Kevin Funk <kfunk at kde.org> wrote:

> Heya,
>
> I'd like to release kdev-ruby 5.0.0 as well, can someone shed some light on
> its status?

At first I kept up with all the changes in kdevplatform and kf5, but since
I was not using KDevelop anymore, the development of kdev-ruby gradually
felt down and I didn't have the time nor the will to continue it. This is
something that I regret but that happened. If I were you, I wouldn't
release it as kdev-ruby 5.0.0, and I would keep the project in playground
until someone steps in and takes the project further. I'm sorry for the
inconvenience :(

> I did run kdev-ruby on kde:releaseme.git, it looks like basic code
> comprehension works, but I'm getting lots of 'Load Error: cannot load such
> file:' problems (not sure if this is normal..., I just don't know kdev-ruby
> enough).
>
> Could someone check?
>

> Also did a unit test run for kdev-ruby master:
>
>   80% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 5
>
>   Total Test time (real) =   8.30 sec
>
>   The following tests FAILED:
>             2 - duchain (Failed)
>
> Can someone fix?