KDevelop 5.0 release :-)

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sun Aug 21 23:39:55 UTC 2016

On Saturday, 20 August 2016 16:48:59 CEST Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 August 2016 11:49:18 CEST Sven Brauch wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > On 13/08/16 12:00, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > > at Randa, it seems that in general the idea is to release KDevelop 5.0
> > > as soon as possible. However, it wasn't ready yet.
> > >
> > > As an idea: did you think about targeting the QtCon as release date
> > > and give a Talk about it there? Or some sort of pre-release?
> >
> > I still think we should just get it out as soon as possible. Is there
> > anything severe holding us back right now?
>
> I've been in vacation the whole week. Let's do it tomorrow, finally?
>
> I have time until around 3 pm tomorrow. Let's sync in IRC.

Status update:

We tagged & created tarballs for:
  kdevplatform v5.0.0
  kdevelop v5.0.0
  kdev-python v5.0.0
  kdev-php v5.0.0

The new KDevelop website is finished, we're waiting for KDE sysadmins to make
it go live.

5.0 release text is almost finished, too. I just need to add a few links once
everything -- my KDevelop 5 blog post + website move -- is done.

Almost there.

Cheers,
Kevin