Changing KDevelop style

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Apr 28 11:12:25 UTC 2016

On Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 22:20:45 CEST Dominik Haumann wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > On Donnerstag, 21. April 2016 19:11:35 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:

> > Alexander,
> >
> > I second your desires and have hit issues with non-Qt applications
> > misbehaving under a dark color scheme myself.

> >> I doubt it.
> >
> > I actually don't think it's such a bad idea (not as a menu entry, but
> > inside the settings). Qt Creator and other IDEs do the same. Bonus points
> > if we make sure to update the Kate color scheme properly as well, there
> > are still a few bugs here and there.
>
> Btw, I have a "Breeze Dark" theme for Kate here locally, on which I
> worked for around 2 weeks. I think it's quite good, but not all
> .xml-files work due to hard-coded colors.
>
> I have already fixed quite a lot of these issues by changing the .xml
> files, but not all are done.
>
> If there is interest, I could push this color scheme.
>
> I did not have a look at the attached one by Alexander, maybe I should
> when I find the time.

I personally rather want to have Kate properly pick up palette changes (there
are still issues with that). Once that is done, the dialog could just let the
user pick a different color scheme and the editor will adapt properly. I.e.
just like now with the global color palette, but on a per-app basis.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de