Concentration mode and navigation tooltips

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Sep 29 08:37:24 UTC 2015

On Dienstag, 29. September 2015 00:59:20 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > Hey Aleix,
> >
> > there is one big bug introduced with your concentration mode: The keyboard
> > navigation within the tooltips now triggered with the meta key doesn't
> > work
> > anymore.
> >
> > For some reason, the change of the key from alt to meta prevents
> > ContextBrowserView::event from ever being called with the expected events
> > to navigate to the next link.
> >
> > To reproduce:
> >
> > - hover a declaration
> > - press and hold Meta, the tooltip should show up
> > - press and release right, left, down, up: the active link should switch
> > - press enter, the active link should be activated
> >
> > none of the last two points works anymore in current master for me, but
> > works again if I revert the alt <-> meta change.
> >
> > Furthermore, I see that we still use meta in other places, e.g. do show
> > documentation for code completion items and quickopen items. This should
> > be
> > assimilated and also use meta.
> >
> > Do you happen to have time to look into these issues?
>
> Hi,
> I'll look into it next week, thanks for pointing it out!

Perfect, thanks Aleix.

I've played around with the code, but it's pretty damn convoluted. Maybe it's
simpler to clean it up by moving code around or reimplementing the keyboard
navigation in a cleaner way. I haven't yet found how though ;-) The
BrowseManager's event filter is still getting all keyboard events from the
view when the tooltip is shown. The tooltip itself doesn't get any events.
Which is odd, considering it works with Alt but not with Meta.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de