clang-c notes from CppCon

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Fri Sep 25 16:19:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 7:15 PM Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> Hey guys, Manuel (BCC'ed).
>
> I've talked to Manuel Klimek of LLVM/Clang fame yesterday here at CppCon.
> He
> really welcomes our work on clang-c, and here I mean Sergey who is doing
> most
> of the work upstream right now.
>
> Internally at Google they are mostly relying on the C++ API for Clang, and
> only some of them use it indirectly via their editor (vim/emacs/...) via
> YouCompleteMe (YCM, [1]).

Note that we use the C++ API for large scale refactorings /
transformations, but the libclang C API for all editor integrations (so we
have many users of the C API ourselves).

> This also explains why there is no huge response to us reporting bugs or
> putting patches up for review (again, mostly Sergey atm - thanks!).

The main reason is that I'm currently probably the bottleneck, and I'm
missing patches / was very busy the last couple of weeks. Completely my
fault :)