KDEVELOP FAILING TO BUILD

RISHABH GUPTA rishabh9511 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:58:38 UTC 2015

hello,

I have been trying to build kdevelop but have been unable to do so. I tried
following the instructions on this page
https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDevelop4/HowToCompile

but with this method i got an error while building kdevplatorm ,here is the
output
http://pastebin.com/7rMPX4YK  (I AM NOT USING THIS METHOD ANYMORE)

kfunk on irc suggested me to use kdesrc-build to build kdevelop.As i am on
kubuntu15 i did not build the frameworks just configured the kdesrc-buildrc
file
.With this method i am getting an error while building kdevelop.here's the
output
http://pastebin.com/0yWYh9y6

series of events which led to this error:

1. kdevelop gave an error about kdoctools.i was required to build kdoctools
before kdevelop

2.  i started building kdoctools,but kdoctools required 5.14 version of
k5archive and k518n ,so i removed the previous version(5.12)  and installed
the latest ones.this helped in building kdocktools

3. again started building kdevelop ,now i am getting an error which says
that the 5.12 version of kf5i18n is not found.

What do i do now ?can someone please help me out .

any help would be much appreciated .

thanks,
rishabh