[Differential] [Request, 17 lines] D450: Fix problem with include paths with clang language parser

amccann (Andrew McCann) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 25 04:56:49 UTC 2015

amccann created this revision.
amccann added reviewers: kfunk, mwolff.
Herald added a subscriber: kdevelop-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Do not add empty paths to include arguments for clang parser

  This fixed an issue I had with a custom build project.

  I don't yet understand why empty paths were being passed in to the AddIncludes function.

  While there is likely a problem elsewhere inserting the empty path, it seems reasonable to have this method be robust to bad input from plugins.

  clang parser was getting called with commandline that looked like: "-I", "-I/path/to/dir"
  Files located in "/path/to/dir" were not being found.  Removing the "-I" fixed the problem.

TEST PLAN
  Not sure how to reproduce my situation currently, other than manually ensuring an empty path is set.

  I did verify that clang compiler itself exhibits this behavior from the commandline.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVELOP KDevelop

BRANCH
  fix_clang_include_paths_problem

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D450

AFFECTED FILES
  languages/clang/duchain/parsesession.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: amccann, kfunk, mwolff
Cc: kdevelop-devel