kdev-executebrowser

Brian DeRocher brian.derocher at noblis.org
Wed Nov 4 18:08:36 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 04:50 AM, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Montag, 2. November 2015 14:40:09 CET Brian DeRocher wrote:
>> Milian,
>>
>> I'd like to update this code to support https (executebrowserplugin.cpp line
>> 98) and port other than 80.  Shall or fork on GitHub and send a pull
>> request or what?
> Hey Brian,
>
> we only accept patches via the KDE infrastructure. kdev-executebrowser is
> currently not yet on Phabricator, but I could set that up for you if you want
> to use that.

Let's do that.

> Alternatively, please use reviewboard to send in patches:
>
> http://reviewboard.kde.org/
>
> Worst-case, you can also send us patches via kdevelop-devel at kde.org, our
> mailing list which I've also CC'ed in this email.
>
> Furthermore, please note that we are nowadays working hard on KDevelop 5. I'd
> really appreciate if someone steps up and adopts kdev-executebrowser and the
> other web related plugins. They'd need to be ported to Qt5/KF5 amongst other
> things. We can help you with that, if you are interested. It's a good way to
> get acquainted with a codebase, I think.

I've used KDE for like 10 years and supported KDE through Join the Game.  And i would like to contribute code to the project in the future.  But with 2 little kids and my other projects, it's hard. For now, i'd just like to get some patches in.

> But we also accept patches for the KDE4 version of the plugin, of course.
>
> Bye

Brian DeRocher, Lead, Noblis
703.610.1589 www.noblis.org
brian.derocher at noblis.org