Detailed progress bar visibility issue

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Nov 1 14:36:19 UTC 2015

On Freitag, 30. Oktober 2015 13:23:31 CET Maciej Cencora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not sure whether anyone experiences the same problem, but detailed progress
> dialog widget is hidden behind the bottom tool view (if any is active, e.g.
> "Code Browser" or "Problems").
>
> Workaround is to hide the tool view, and activate it again (while the
> detailed progress widget is shown).
>
> Any ideas how to investigate/fix this?
> I tried calling raise() in ProgressDialog::setVisibility but that didn't
> change anything.

Hm yeah I've seen that before but forgot about it again as I rarely have the
detailed view enabled. Someone will have to look at it and come up with a fix,
maybe it's related to stacking order?

I'd tackle this issue by forcing the detailed view to be always enabled (i.e.
infinite loop in a parse job or something like that). Then launch KDevelop
with GammaRay and play with the widget properties to find a way that fixes the
issue. Then put it into code.

Will you try that out?
--
Milian Wolff