Build Errors with kdevplatform (git master)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat May 30 17:20:13 UTC 2015

On Saturday 30 May 2015 18:26:35 Raymond Wooninck wrote:
> On Saturday 30 May 2015 18:09:25 you wrote:
> > On Saturday 30 May 2015 17:41:24 Raymond Wooninck wrote:
> > > Hi Milian,
> > >
> > > I am not sure if you are the right person to contact, but since last
> > > week
> > > am getting the following error while trying to build kdevplatform from
> > > git
> > > master. All other libraries I have are from git master, so it shouldn't
> > > be
> > > related to an outdated dependency.
> >
> > This should be fixed now - any other files that trip up? Please report
> > this
> > in the future to kdevelop-devel at kde.org or report a bug on bugs.kde.org
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hi Milian,
>
> Thanks.  I will do with the next one that I find :)   Is this due to an
> older Qt version as you indicated in the commit or due to an older GCC
> version ?
>
> I am using Qt 5.4.2 git snapshots here, so I can't really say that this is
> old.

Hmm good question - I use Qt 5.4.1 personally and it builds just fine. I just
assumed it was a new change that finally allows one to use smart pointers for
QObject::connect directly, without going through the manual .data step (which
was definitely required before). Looking at the code I don't see any explicit
changes that would allow it now, so maybe really something related to the
compiler version? What do you use?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff