No Icons showing up, when not using KDE

Marcel Hellwig keks at cookiesoft.de
Sat May 30 08:29:57 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

when I start kdevelop (current master) on my arch inside of kde,
everything shows up nice and smooth. But when I try to use it in me
default DE (i3), there are no icons. Beside the DE there is no
difference, e.g. same user, same laptop, same everything.
I think it has something to do with some environment variables, but I
can't figure out which one. Do you guys have any ideas?

Error Log when starting kdevelop, nothing special
> Plugin "kdevpythonsupport" still uses the old .desktop file based
> metadata. It must be ported to JSON metadata or it will no longer work
> with future kdevplatform versions.
> The font for use in the terminal has not been matched exactly. Perhaps
> it has not been found properly.
> The font for use in the terminal has not been matched exactly. Perhaps
> it has not been found properly.
> Starting recovery from
> "/home/marcel/.local/share/kdevelop/sessions/{ea127956-2eb6-4f64-87ac-106af1d94020}/recovery/current"
> Can't load plugin "kdevpythonsupport" because a factory to load the
> plugin could not be obtained: "The shared library was not found."

beside from that, everything is done via yaourt (arch linux package manager)

Any Ideas?
Marcel