Updating phpfunctions.php

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jun 29 14:01:12 UTC 2015

On Sunday 28 June 2015 15:32:35 Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> On Monday 22 June 2015 22:38:34 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Hey Heinz,
> >
> > do you have any plans to update the phpfunctions.php?
>
> I'm in the middle of finalizing my master thesis. So unfortunately, next to
> work, there's very little time I can spend on kdev-php :/
> I had plans to update it, but until I'm done with my thesis, I doubt I would
> have time doing anything about it.

Cool, good luck with that!

> > Maybe one of our users of the PHP plugin would be interested in
> > refactoring
> > the code and/or supplying us with an updated version of the phpfunctions
> > file? That would be a nice and easy way to contribute, and only requires
> > PHP knowledge currently.
>
> I presented this to a colleague of mine at work who also uses kdevelop and
> he is interested in doing it. On top of that I also managed to get partial
> funding from our employer for him to fix this :)

Awesome, sounds good!

> > Maybe it's also time
> > to replace the existing code (create_functions.php) with something more
> > modern, which does not require one to download the php documentation.
>
> Did you have something specific in mind here?

I haven't looked into the PHP documentation for quite some time anymore, and
was wondering whether there are any updates on their structure which we could
make use of. Back then, the format was very inconsistent for example.
Downloading the PHP documentation will still be required in some form, I'm
just unsure which version is the right one. Back then, a CVS/SVN/? checkout
was required for the documentation. Maybe, nowadays the HTML tarball is
sufficient?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff