a good documentation for plugin development

Laszlo Kis-Adam dfighter1985 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:20:44 UTC 2015

> Dear all
>
> I am a long time user of kdevelop.
>
> I am up to the challenge to integrate new features in kdevelop that are
> already
> scripted in emacs. I was looking for a simple and working
> example/documentation
> to begin with.
> I found this link
> https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Kate/KTextEditor_Plugins_Advanced
> which seems close (but is for Kate) but I could not even compile the code
> on
> my debain 7 system.
>
> Your advise is highly appreciated
> Thank you
> Davood

Hi there!
While I cannot provide you documentation I can give you a link to a test
plugin of mine.
Please do note that it's partially based on code that's not in the
upstream repo YET, so you WILL NOT be able to just compile it.
However it's short enough code to study how plugins can be initialized,
and used since basically it just gets loaded and creates a so called
toolview.
https://bitbucket.org/dfighter1985/kdev-problemtest/src

Just ignore widget.h and widget.cpp, the rest of the code will apply to
practically any plugin.

Cheers,
Laszlo Kis-Adam