a good documentation for plugin development

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Jun 12 11:34:37 UTC 2015

Hey Davood!

On Thursday 11 June 2015 14:43:30 Davood Ansari wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am a long time user of kdevelop.
>
> I am up to the challenge to integrate new features in kdevelop that are
> already
> scripted in emacs. I was looking for a simple and working
> example/documentation to begin with.

I'm afraid we don't have really good tutorials on writing plugins - it's been
mentioned many times but noone ever sat down and actually wrote something
sensible. Instead, we have to refer to existing plugins, some of which are
thankfully relatively simple to understand and can be used for guidance in
writing a new plugin.

Also, please feel free to ask any questions here on the list, or in #kdevelop
on IRC. We will help you out as good as possible.

One thing that would help me help you is knowing more about what kind of
features you want to work on. Could you be more specific?

> I found this link
> https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Kate/KTextEditor_Plugins_Adva
> nced which seems close (but is for Kate) but I could not even compile the
> code on my debain 7 system.

It's probably only valid for KDE4 based Kate, and not the newer KF5 based
Kate.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff