Crash in kdevelop master - KDevelop::IndexedString::index (this=0x0)

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Sat Jun 6 22:49:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> On Friday 05 June 2015 14:26:29 Sandro Andrade wrote:

>> > This is super odd. Can you reproduce it inside GDB and get a "bt full" of
>> > the
>> bt full output:
>> https://paste.kde.org/p7hctmrgu
>>
>> > crashed thread please? Maybe the bug is in Cpp::ReferenceCountedStringSet
>> > -
>> > hm. Also try to output the string that is tried to be added in
>> > CppPreprocessEnvironment::merge, i.e. something like
>> >
>> > const auto str = it.ref();
>>
>> It crashes on the above line, which call the copy constructor:
>> IndexedString::IndexedString( const IndexedString& rhs ) :
>> m_index(rhs.m_index)
>>
>> with an invalid rhs reference.
>>
>> Still investigating ...
>
> So really a bug in the ReferenceCountedStringSet - what projects do you load,
> maybe I can reproduce it. Also, is this an optimized build or a debug build?

It crashed virtually with any newly created project !

I've just noticed that it works fine with Qt 5.4.1, but crashes with
Qt 5.4.2 in both Debug and Release builds.
Any chance of being a bug in Qt 5.4.2 ? I'll try to reproduce it with
Qt 5.4.2 and KF 5.10.0 in a distro other than Arch Linux.

Thanks,
Sandro