Future of refactorings

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Thu Jul 30 22:53:27 UTC 2015

Hey!

Here are some refactoring tools which come to my mind, apart from the
obvious "rename stuff" tools:
 - make a piece of code (selection?) into a function, optimally by
default taking all local variables used but not declared in that piece
of code as arguments
 - make selected expression into a local variable
 - when changing something from heap to stack or vice versa, change all
the attribute access tokens between . and ->
 - replace data types by auto in selected code (haha, some people aren't
going to like that)
 - move implementation from/to header
 - remove unused includes; sort includes; remove unused forward
declarations; replace includes in header by forward declarations if
possible (is that detectable? I don't know)

Maybe some of this is useful as inspiration.
All the best,
Sven