Akademy Award 2015: Best Application

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jul 30 16:19:32 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I'm a bit late, but I bring very happy news:

At this years Akademy, we got the Akademy Application award! I received it in
the name of the whole KDevelop team for our work on this important tool in the
KDE ecosystem.

https://www.kdevelop.org/sites/kdevelop.org/files/photos/akademy_2015.jpg

I want to explicitly state my sincere thanks to everyone ever involved in
KDevelop - be it in the past or present. Without the tons of high quality
contributions, we would never be where we are today. I also said that during
my (short, made-up-on-the-spot) acceptance speech, that we nowadays stand on
the shoulders of giants. Thousands of lines of code bringing ever amazing and
innovative functionality even today have been created by contributors that are
(sadly!) not active anymore Thank you all! And maybe it's a cool time to start
getting back again? :).

It was quite a surprise for me to be the one to receive the award, and I have
to admit that it was quite touching :) Personally, I have learned nearly
everything I know about programming during the last 7 years I've been
contributing to KDevelop, and this really keeps me motivated. I've had the
best teachers imaginable - thank you, again!

I also want to express my deep gratitude to the currently active developers. I
look forward to working together with you all. Let's continue to evolve the
KDevelop project - we are all in this together!

Cheers, keep rocking!
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de