Scripty and JSON plugin metadata cont'd

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Thu Jan 1 10:49:07 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 31 December 2014 17:31:47 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Montag, 29. Dezember 2014, 11:26:19 schrieb Kevin Funk:
> > Heya,
> >
> > We committed [1] in kdevplatform.git a while ago, which attempts to use
> > .json files directly instead of going through .desktop files.
> >
> > With the recent commit [2] in kdevplatform.git, scripty just trashed all
> > translations for our plugins metadata.
> >
> > I guess that should *not* happen, but I might be wrong. Just want to be
> > sure here.
> >
> > @Burkhard, any ideas?
>
> Scripty does not support converting translations from *desktop to *json
> directly, I'll do that manually via renaming/merging the desktop*.po files
> to json*.po files for all languages so the plugins metadata will be filled
> up with all translations the next day.

Awesome, thanks!

> Btw. kdevplatform.git has still some desktop files:
> ./interfaces/kdevelopplugin.desktop

This is the ServiceType definition, this will need to stay around until we've
ported all plugins, I think

> ./plugins/dashboard/plasmoids/branches/metadata.desktop
> ./plugins/dashboard/plasmoids/projectfileplasmoid/kdev-dash-
> projectfileelement.desktop

These should be ported

> ./plugins/filetemplates/tests/data/testgenerationtest/templates/test_qtestli
> b/test_qtestlib.desktop
> ./plugins/filetemplates/tests/data/testgenerationtest/templates/test_yaml2/
> test_yaml2.desktop

Test data for template generation, they shouldn't be translated to begin
with... But probably should be ported over to JSON-style templates as well.

> ./plugins/documentview/settings/kcm_documentview_settings.desktop

Needs to be ported as well.

> ./language/codegen/tests/data/kdevcodegentest/templates/test_cpp/test_cpp.de
> sktop
> ./language/codegen/tests/data/kdevcodegentest/templates/test_yaml/test_yaml
> .desktop

Test data again.