KDevelop 4.7 and 5.x co-existence in the same prefix?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 18:24:50 UTC 2015

On Sunday December 20 2015 15:04:07 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:

> KDevelop5 uses whatever QStandardPaths says it should use. This is
> ~/.config and ~/.local/share *on Linux systems*. On OS X it may be
> something like ~/Library/Preferences.

Yeah, it *may* be :) Part of the big hurdle we had to take before we could accept KF5 into MacPorts (*) was patching QStandardPaths to have an optional XDG-compliant mode, and then figuring out how to activate that mode only in applications where it is required.

*) Every application that is built on XDG specifications doesn't use QStandardPaths, but they all still have to co-operate in something like MacPorts.

R.