[Differential] [Commented On] D626: Use 'cache' standard path

amccann (Andrew McCann) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 4 17:48:27 UTC 2015

amccann added a comment.

@kfunk, ah! Thought it was only stuff like DUChain data.  Entirely rebuildable, and thus the cache location seeming OK.

I made this patch months ago when I was working on homebrew. I don't actually recall the specific details, other than it being a path collision issue. It might be solvable in another way.

What @apol said might be a solution.

The whole paths thing is a bit awkward, as this thread exemplifies:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44473

Has a good discussion.. on some of the problems, but even then, most (but not all) of the discussion there doesn't consider much the case of wanting to create a packaged 'native' binary on OSX.

I may abandon.. or revise if I find out more specifically what the core issue was.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D626