Implementing KTextEditor interfaces in KDevelop

Miquel Sabaté mikisabate at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:29:53 UTC 2014

Hi Sven,

This looks interesting :) From my side I'm interested in this patch because
it will allow us to implement some methods that were missing in KDevelop
from KTE::MainWindow. In my case, I'm talking about these two methods:

bool closeSplitView(KTextEditor::View *view);
bool viewsInSameSplitView(KTextEditor::View *view1, KTextEditor::View
*view2);

I've taken a quick look at your patch and modified it a bit to see if these
two methods are now available through this new MainWindowInterface class
and things seem to work (at least on a very basic level :P).

In regards to the KTE toolview interface, I'll let the Kate guys speak here
:)

Greetings,
Miquel