Plugin properties and string list values

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Oct 28 11:39:28 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Alexander Richardson <
arichardson.kde at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi Alexander, guys,
> > I was debugging some issues and I came to realize that we're not fetching
> > properly the list properties in our Plugins. Currently the
> > KPluginInfo::property().toStringList() for kdevgit.desktop is
> > QStringList("org.kdevelop.IBasicVersionControl,
> > org.kdevelop.IDistributedVersionControl"), meaning that both are taken as
> > one. As you'll expect, this has ramifications and should be looked into.
> >
> > I haven't investigated much about why this is happening, hoping that
> some of
> > you know what's going on.
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Aleix
>
> Is it run through kcoreaddons_desktop_to_json? If so, the problem is
> that it doesn't
> know that that property should be interpreted as a list.
>
> I could add a command line flag listproperties=<comma-separated-list> to
> desktoptojson and then we can call
> kcoreaddons_desktop_to_json(target foo.desktop LIST_PROPERTIES
> "prop1,prop2").
> Anyone got a better idea?
>
> I guess the best thing would be to write the .json files directly, but
> I don't think the translations
> can be handled like that.
>
> Regards
> Alex

Interesting... I hadn't forseen this side-effect.

I don't have any json files generated here or installed by KDevelop. We
could use them though, indeed. Or figure out why the desktop file parser is
not taking the fields as StringList as specified by the service type files.

Aleix