cppcheck plugin for kdevelop available

Hubiao Yang hubiao.yang at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 15:46:36 UTC 2014

Christoph Thielecke <christoph.thielecke at ...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> as a kdevelop user I miss the static code analysis integration. Cppcheck does
> a good job.
>
> I decided to write a plugin which provides this functionality. The cppcheck
> plugin for kdevelop is now available.
>
> You can find the project page here:
> http://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins/kdev-cppcheck
>
> Code source:
> git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kdev-cppcheck
>
> As requirement you'll need to have the cppcheck program installed.
>
> After installing you can set some options for the plugin at kdevelop
> preferences - modules - support for cppcheck
> The path to cppcheck should be set to the binary (initally /usr/bin/cppcheck,
> should fit on Linux)
>
> Add the cppcheck toolview to kdevelop: Window - add toolview and select
> Cppcheck
>
> To invoke the check, run from menu:
> - Execute - Cppcheck: this will check current file
> - Execute - Cppcheck (all files): this will check all files in project dir
>
> The result will be shown in cppcheck toolview and the found issues are marked
> by red background color in opened documents. You can double click on a entry
> in cppcheck toolview and kdevelop activate the corresponding document and
line
> for the found issue.
>
> Happy code checking :)
>
> With best regards
>
> Christoph

Hi

I have installed Cppcheck plugin in Kdevelop. I can see cppcheck in the run
menu.

But, it always popup "Cppcheck crashed." when I try to check the file and
click Cppcheck in the menu. I am running kdevelop 4.6.0 and platform 1.6.0.
My linux is Kubuntu 10.04.

I will appreciate if anyone have some clues on this.

Hubiao