restoring open documents after closing a patch review ("show differences")

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Nov 7 00:58:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday November 06 2014 03:48:49 Aleix Pol wrote:
>
> Hi Aleix,
>
> >It looks like you're hitting a bug. Going back from the review area should
> >restore the document set indeed.
>
> Just to be on the exact same wavelength: that should also be the case when
> documents were closed during the patch review?
>
> That's something I've noticed happening automatically after making changes
> that cause an update to the patch review, but I've also made it a habit to
> close all documents before quitting the review area on OS X. (Sadly, that's
> still a more reliable way to prevent nested event loop crashes than
> emulating the associated events in software ).
>
> René

To be honest, I'm unsure. In fact, we've been working during last years
towards the concept that the open file set should be actually irrelevant.
What should happen? Well I guess that the same document set when the area
changed, should be restored. But then if it was for me most of the working
set concepts should go. It's too complex for my puny mind.

Aleix