[GSOC-2014] Newbie mode!

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 2 23:59:21 UTC 2014

Hi!

Sure, we'd be happy to see contributions to KDevelop from you. I recommend
getting your feet wet a bit with doing some simple things before starting on
your actual project.

On Sunday 02 March 2014 18:03:09 Manasij Mukherjee wrote:
> A feature in kdevelop I like is the support for external scripts.
> I use the quick compile script when not working on a project and just need
> to test out a snippet. (for example, code copied from a pastebin link.)
> I want this to be more integrated into the IDE.
> (Consider things like clickable options to enable C++11, add libraries,
> configure warnings, etc)
This sounds a bit like you want to build a GUI-driven build system; something
KDevelop does explicitly not do currently.
Maybe the aim you want to achieve -- making it easier for new users to do
simple things regarding the build system -- could better be achieved by
integrating related features into cmake support?

Greetings,
Sven