Releasing KDevelop 4.7

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jun 30 22:37:48 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 25 June 2014 15:36:15 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> > KDevelop

> > look at

> > said

> > Please

> > them.

> > also

> > happen in

> > > I've now branched of 4.7/1.7 - these branches are now feature & string
> > > frozen. The translators are notified about this. I'll prepare a first
> >
> > beta
> >
> > > release now and hope to then push a final version out in about a month.
> >
> > If
> >
> > > we find any serious issues, we can always release a second beta or move
> >
> > the
> >
> > > scheduled final release.
> >
> > Can someone please start a release announcement for 4.7 beta 1 on the
> > wiki?
> >
> > Bye
>
> There you go:
> http://community.kde.org/KDevelop/4.7

I've now added some text, can someone proof-read it and extend it if
necessary?

Also, since writing a release note is always a burden to me and usually delays
our releases, I'd like suggestions on how to improve this situation in the
future. Maybe we should introduce the usage of some keyword in commit messages
for noteworthy changes?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff