Merging "generic project manager" and "custom buildsystem"

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Jun 22 11:36:28 UTC 2014

Hey all,

a user just noticed that the custom buildsystem KCM was shown in the project
configuration dialog. I'll try to find out why that is and ensure its not
being show there.

But it did made me wonder: Do we want to bother a user with this decision?
Couldn't we just make the "custom buildsystem" our "generic project manager"
and be done with it?

The generic manager is mostly useful for simple script projects and similar,
which are also nicely handled by the custom build system with an empty
configuration - no?

Furthermore, once a script project becomes a bit more involved, having a way
to run a script to deploy the project somewhere or similar might be nice to
have, and with the custom buildsystem you'd get that for free, no?

Opinions?
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de