Use Cases for Working Areas

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Jun 12 10:22:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 4:04 AM, David Narvaez <david.narvaez at computer.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> > Well, we can discuss whether we want the Breakpoints toolview available
> by
> > default then, or to appear whenever we add a breakpoint.
>
> I am more worried about
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdevelop/2012-April/017682.html, that is
> really irritating and has no solution right now.
>
> David E. Narvaez

Hola David,
I agree that it's a problem to solve, I wouldn't consider Areas as the
actual problem though. I remember discussing this back then and the actual
reason was to be able to close some files.
We should come up with a less intrusive solution, but then we probably want
to change more than just making file sets not to change between area
switches.

Aleix