Compiler settings

Sergey Kalinichev kalinichev.so.0 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 07:04:36 UTC 2014

Hi Milian!

>I just noticed that KDevelop now picks clang by default to find include paths etc. pp.

That not exactly the case. Actually it goes through all compilers (in
alphabetic order) and selects the first one that is installed. So, if
you don't have the Clang installed it'll select another compiler.

>Furthermore, I notice that the compiler combobox in the project settings does not filter
>non-existing compilers. I see MSVC on a Linux machine which is of course wrong. And of
>course users might see GCC/Clang even though they are not installed.

Thats the truth. But what about cross-compilation? In that case the
compiler is not installed in the default directory (e.g. Android NDK
comes with the GCC compiler). So imo it still makes sense to make
those items available. Otoh if the path to the compiler is wrong,
probably it makes sense to show some kind of warning then.

>Furthermore, I have to remind you once more that blogging and regular status updates are
>mandatory during GSOC. Please do get an account on blogs.kde.org and introduce yourself,
>your project and the good work you did so far!

Yes, I know, I know... I've already done the initial blog:
http://sklin0.wordpress.com/tag/gsoc/
Also I've added it to the "Planet KDE": r1386072

Long story short - will update the status report and fix the compiler
issues this Wednesday or Thursday.

---
Regards,
Sergey