KDevelop and Frameworks

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Jul 4 08:59:40 UTC 2014

On Friday 04 July 2014 01:08:13 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> I just saw Alexander Richardson review request about deprecated KSharedPtr
> and first thing I thought "why didn't I do that already?". Well, the
> thinking behind was to do a minimalistic port [1] while features were
> developed in master, so we could merge back easily.
>
> KDevelop 4.7 has been branched now, KF 5.0 has been released, so it's a
> good moment to put it on the table.
> How do you guys feel about a: git merge frameworks?

Fine with me. I'll work on 1.7 until its released anyways and that should give
me enough time to setup a kf5 toolchain.

Speaking of which, we will have to update our wiki HowToCompile page, and at
least announce it also on our user lists, the planet and our website. There
are, after all, a lot of people who build kdev* from master. Furthermore, I
would appreciate it, if either of those who successfully built KDevelop
frameworks can document that in every detail. Paste your kdesrc-buildrc and
dependent included configuration files. Create a list of frameworks that
KDevelop requires.

Also, I'm not sure how much master and 1.7 diverged. If there happened a lot,
I vote for branching off master into a "legacy" branch just for people that
stick to KDE 4 for now. Feature development will go to master/kf5 of course.

Finally, I want to know what our GSOC students think of this (CC'ed). Would it
be OK for you to setup a KF5 toolchain and continue your work there? If not, I
guess it would be fine if we go the "legacy" way proposed above, and you'll
continue your work there. Once GSOC is over, we can merge/rebase it on
frameworks.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff