ANN: sharedurl branches merged into master!

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jan 21 02:08:17 UTC 2014

Hey all!

I just merged the Path API which has been living in the sharedurl branches for
some time into master now.

This does come with a few new deprecation warnings but I think I fixes most
already.

Generally, if you encounter deprecated API the porting should be done thus:

- do you need KUrls everywhere? Is performance uncritical? Stick to it! Just
convert to/from Path where required
- do you already have an IndexedString? Use that instead of KUrl - esp. for
looking up ProjectBaseItem's thats the best you can do.
- do you work a lot with files and need to append/change them? Use Path!

I'm thinking about undeprecating some more API now (like ProjectBaseItem::url)
considering that the users left are performance-uncritical and would just do a
->path().toUrl() manually anyways...

Please stay tuned until tomorrow for a proper blog entry with performance
numbers! The tl;dr; version is: Less memory consumed, much faster project

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de