Break Custom Buildsystem Plugin apart into 2 pieces.

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 10 18:35:23 UTC 2014

On Monday 10 February 2014 22:04:48 Sergey Kalinichev wrote:
> To the point, where to store information on the file system or in kdev4
> file?
I would definitely vote for file system, for the reasons discussed.

For detecting and wrapping it into a GUI, I would say:

 - GUI is not a problem if we have a "one-dimensional" file format like now,
i.e. just list of dirs separated by \n. Sounds very easy to wrap into a GUI
with few chances to screw anything up.

 - For detecting the file, I would just keep going upwards from the source
location and look for the file. That's what git does too and I think it works
well enough for all non-crazy use cases.

Greetings!