kdev-python and kdevelop relation

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Dec 15 10:04:01 UTC 2014

On Monday 15 December 2014 09:41:50 Radek Novacek wrote:
> Hi kdevelopers,
>
> I would like to add ability to use custom includes to the kdev-python (to
> use python modules that are not installed).
>
> Currently, kdev-python is not build-time dependent on kdevelop, only on
> kdevplatform. But the `custom-definesandincludes` plugin is defined in
> kdevelop. If I understand it correctly, I would need to add build-time
> dependency on kdevelop to kdev-python in order to use the `custom-
> definesandincludes` plugin, right?
>
> Is it ok to add the dependency? Or should the `custom-definesandincludes`
> plugin be moved to kdevplatform?

For now, just add the KDevelop dependency. But I think we also want to use it
in kdev-php and kdev-qmljs, at least. So moving it to kdevplatform might be a
good idea. It will require some code & UI changes then as well though, to make
it more clear for which language the paths are configured. And one should not
be able to set defines, nor select a compiler, for these languages.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de