Finding plugins with Qt5 and QT_PLUGIN_PATH

Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro nhaehnle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 00:34:56 UTC 2014

Hey everybody,

I decided to finally try the current master again after upgrading to
Ubuntu 14.10. I install grantlee, kdevplatform, and kdevelop in a
prefix under my home directory, and it took me more than an hour to
figure out that nothing worked because Qt5 won't find any plugins
unless I explicitly set

export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=prefix/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plugins/

I would've thought that stuff like this ought to be picked up
automatically by setting KDEDIRS or something. Perhaps somebody more
knowledgeable could shed light on this? If this _isn't_ a bug (or even
if it is one, as a workaround), perhaps this should go somewhere on
the Wiki?

cu,
Nicolai
--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.